Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Power of Affirmation

I strongly believe that there is power in affirmations. I have been giving free English Language lessons to a Taiwanese boy for some months now. Just last week, his mom told me that his grade had improved. I have always been strong  in languages, especially English and Chinese, and so what the mom told me did not come as a surprise to me. But I believe another reason for the boy's improvement in grade was because of my use of genuine affirmations. In the past, when I was doing relief teaching in a primary school, most of my students' grades improved significantly after I taught them for about 2 months and 1 week. (Only 2 students' grades remained about the same.)  I believe that one of the reasons was because I often affirmed them.


Dare to Dream