Saturday, November 14, 2009

If we want to be truly happy and to live a fulfilling life, we must be willing to pursue our own dreams instead of the dreams of someone else or the dreams that someone else has for us.

My dad used to instill in me, as a child, his dream for me to become a doctor. But the problem is I am just not wired the way that doctors are. Doctors generally function more using their left brains whereas I am more of a 'right-brain' person. Moreover, I should be pursuing my own dreams rather than some kind of unfulfilled dreams that my dad might have held dear in his heart as a young man. I am not trying to be disrespectful towards my dad by saying this. But rather I am trying to bring up the importance of following our own dreams.

It's meaningless for us to pursue a dream that is not the 'right fit' for ourselves, isn't it?

Dare to Dream