Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Force to be Reckoned With

I am full of wisdom, humour, tears, passion and love.
I am that which is held tightly to the breast,
lightly on the lap,
peered at, sighed over
and remembered.

I bring you foolish fancies
I bring friendship to the lonely.
I take you with me to the far reaches of the earth,
from India to China,
to Mars, to Venus,
...and probe into the habits of chimpanzees.

I reach into your mind:
I show you things that are unbelievable
and make you believe them.

You must treasure me, protect me:
I give you knowledge of life you never dreamed of.

Don't desecrate me; I fill empty spaces
of your life.
I give myself to you gladly; seek me out
and find me...

I am a BOOK. 

~~Author unknown (From A handbook for English Teachers in Primary Schools)

Dare to Dream