Friday, July 22, 2011

Mental Illness

I have always thought that women are generally more prone to mental illness because they are emotionally more vulnerable. Just now I saw a mentally ill young man (who appeared to be in his mid thirties), which brought to mind the number of mentally ill men whom I came across in the past one year. What could cause these people (and many others) to go bonkers? Is it extreme suffering or pain? Is it mental or emotional anguish that could find no outlet? On reflection, I am thankful that I have the mental & emotional fortitude to withstand the many trials that have come my way thus far.

我一直都认为女性较容易患上精神病,因为她们在情感上较为脆弱。刚才,我看到一位年轻的男精神病患者。这让我想起在过去的一年里所见过的男精神病患者。是什么原因造成这些人(以及很多其他人)的精神失常呢?是极度的痛苦吗?是精神或情感上的痛楚无法得到释放吗?我庆幸自己在精神与情感方面有一股刚强的力量,让我能经得起一切的考验。

Dare to Dream 敢于梦想